Saturday, January 2, 2010

What I'll be booktalking...

The Cowtown Book Festival is coming up, and I've been asked to present a booktalk for YA books. So here's a rundown of what I've got so far...plan to add a few more, but this is the basic list:
Witch and Wizard
Coffeehouse Angel
Last Night I Sang to the Monster
Purge
Shiver (trailer)
Dope Sick (trailer)
Reality Check
Lost Symbol
Oh. My. Gods. (trailer)
Bad Girls Don't Die
Freeze Frame
Lock Down
Wish You Were Dead (trailer)
Black Box
Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side (trailer)
Little Black Lies
Sleepless
The Hourglass Door

That should fill about 45 minutes, which is also what I have at school. Be booktalking more right before spring break of the students. Want to read Leviathan and I tried to get through Monstrumologist but having a hard time with it. It's one I have to put down and try again. Also, can't wait to pick up Stephen King's Dome!!

3 comments:

Katie Alender said...

Hi, Naomi! Thanks so much for mentioning Bad Girls Don't Die in your booktalk. Hope it goes well!

Anonymous said...

Where and when is the Cowtown Book Festival?

Naomi said...

Check through ESC Region XI. It's in Ft. Worth : )